Meet my friend Gina:
Gina and I are in the same internship and were both placed in southern Georgia! (Lucky us) But seriously, I am so blessed to have met this wonderful girl! Gina is from Philadelphia, obsessed with eating and Sriracha/spicy foods. 1 year and 9 months ago she became Vegan after being vegetarian for 3 years. Since meeting her, I have been trying her vegan eats. Much to my surprise, (sorry girl 🙂 ) they are SO delicious! We usually do weekly vegan/gluten-free dinners and we are going to start sharing the yummy recipes with you. I have collaborated with her to bring you this post!
Follow her at:
Vegan Substitutions to use while baking
1. Eggs: To replace eggs in any recipe, you can use ground flax seed. You seriously can’t tell a difference.
- Mix 1 Tbsp ground flax with 1.5 Tbsp water.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so until the flax seeds have absorbed the water and it looks kind of gell-y.
Another replacement is 1 ripe banana for every egg a recipe calls for. Other options are (unsweetened) applesauce and pureed pumpkin.
HERE is a vegan/gluten free black bean brownie recipe we created and used flax seed for the eggs.
3. Cream Sauce: This cream sauce can be used in place of Alfredo sauce. It’s creamy, “cheesy”, and delicious!
The recipe can be found on my blog, HERE
We ate it with zoodles and the Aldi meatless meatballs
Cheese can be swapped out for Nutritional Yeast. Nutritional Yeast helps add that rich cheddar flavor to dishes. Sprinkle it on popcorn, salads, or soup. It is also a great source of fiber, protein, and B vitamins!
Another replace if you’re wanting actual “cheese” slices is the vegan cheese. The best brand I’ve tried is: Follow Your Heart. They also make vegan eggs!
A typical day of vegan eats for Gina:
– A salad
– Small bowl of soup
– Vegetables: LOTS of veggies
– Grain: Rice or quinoa
– Protein: Beans, veggie burger or tofu
Thanks for reading!
Follow Gina for more Vegan eating ideas!
Questions or comments?
Email me at:
Stay tuned for the next post…